Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tools that change the way we think

Technology has always and will always be a double edged sword. It makes learning new things easier and faster. But the longer people rely on technology of any kind the worse it will be in the future. Being to reliant on anything is negative to a certain point. I also don't like how in the article the co-founder of Google Brin said how in the future Google could augment your brain with the knowledge of the world. At first,if this were to happen it would be cool and convenient. But at what point would your thoughts be fazed out. I'd rather rely on my own thoughts and my own memories and understandings of anything. Its a better way for me to learn and I like learning about new things that interest me. I will use technology in order to find things out and learn about new things. That is how we in today's era learn. I just don't like the whole 'augment' part of the article. It would be like if we became more machine than man. Technology is great and I and the rest of society will continue to use it. However, technology of every kind will not be there one day, then what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment